Facebook

วันพุธที่ 17 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Practice one dialogue a day with Teacher Bill.

Dialogues to practice

Lin : Welcome in!
Veena : Thanks.
Lin : Make yourself at home.
Veena : You’re very kind.
Lin : A moment, please. I’ll get some drink for you.
Veena : Please don’t bother.
Lin : It’s my pleasure. You’re nice to me too.


Brother : Sis, come and join me.
Sister : Well, What’re you playing right now?
Brother : It’s very enjoyable and easy game.
Sister : Really? It sounds interesting.
Brother : This is the way to do it.
Sister : I see. Shall we start?


Sue : Meg, would you please turn on the telly for me?
Meg : Certainly, Sue.
Sue : Thank you kindly tune in to Channel 5.
My favorite program will be on in a minute.
Meg : What kind of program is it?
Sue : It’s a soap opera.
Meg : Wow! I like that sort of stuff too.
Sue : Good! Let’s enjoy it side by side.


Mom: Tommy would you set the dining room table?
Tommy: Aw mom, I set it yesterday. It’s Sally’s turn.
Mom: Sally’s at her friends tonight, so you only have to set three places.
Tommy: Ok mom, are you sure dad’s going make home for dinner?
Mom: He’d better; he’s bringing home the dessert.
Tommy: Oh really? Ice cream again I suppose.
Mom: I’m not sure, he only said it would be a surprise.
Tommy: Well I hope that it’s really super, so I can raz Sally after we eat it all.
Mom: Tommy that’s not nice! She’s your sister, you should treat her better.


Greta: Can I help you with anything, Jenny?
Jenny: Could you? That would be great; would you get me the serving platter?
It’s on the second shelf of the china cabinet.
Greta: No problem, anything else?
Jenny: Well if it’s not a problem then maybe you could open the wine so it can breathe. I really want this dinner party to go well, I am really trying to impress David.
Greta: Ah hah! I knew you had a reason. Ok, so, where are the wine and the cork screw?
Jenny: The wine’s in the ice bucket and the cork screw is in the first drawer of the drinks cabinet.

Husband: What on earth are you doing?
Wife: What does it look like I’m doing? I’m polishing the silverware for your information.
Husband: Is that it? I really didn’t know, I thought that you don’t have to polish that stuff.
Wife: Well you do, and I need to have it all done by Saturday so that it is ready
for dinner Sunday, remember the Tailors are coming?
Husband: Oh geez, I’d almost forgotten, can’t we cancel that or something, Fred’s such
a bore, always going on about how great his kid is doing at school.
Wife: Afraid not, Wilma’s up for chairwoman of the PTA and I need her help with a project I want to do for the kids.
Husband: Ok but just because you’re my favorite pre-school activist.
Wife: Well somebody’s gotta make sure they get the playground upgraded.


Wife: Honey I think we should go and pick out some new furniture for the bedroom.
Husband: What’s wrong with what we’ve got now? It looks fine to me.
Wife: oh come on, give me a break. It’s 12 years old, the drawers don’t draw, the mirror’s cracked and the mattress sags too much. Your body is permanently imprinted into the mattress. We need at least that much, at least we could get one that is good for our backs, we aren’t getting any younger you know.
Husband: Money doesn’t grow on trees, how are we supposed to pay for all this?
Wife: Did you know that there’s a sale down at the mall, we could arrange to buy it in installments. I really really want to change our bedroom, please!
Husband: What’s the big deal? Why the urge to redo the bedroom all of a sudden?
Wife: I am hoping that it will help put a spark back into our marriage.



Marco: I really like to visit Cousin Jimmy on the weekends.
Dad: Oh? Why is that son?
Marco: Because he has a really neat bedroom, he’s got bunk beds and he’s only one kid! So, we get to fight over who gets to sleep on top.
Dad: Sounds a bit dangerous to me, fighting over the bed. Why not just take the bottom bunk?
Marco: Cause from the top bunk we can see out across the courtyard into Maryjane’s room.



Ronald: Hi sis, how are you?
Anita: Well if it isn’t my long lost brother, Ronnie. What brings you to town, I haven’t seen you in almost 2 years, how are you?
Ronald: Frankly sis, I’ve been better, I split up with Susan, and I need a place to crash. Can I?
Anita: Oh I’m sorry Ronnie, of course, but you get the floor, I am not sharing my very comfortable bed with an overgrown lout like you. Last time you “borrowed” my bed, you bent the headboard and cracked my hope chest.
Ronald: Hey I’m sorry Anita, I can’t help it, besides you ought to be considering the quality of that junk you call furniture.
Anita: Junk? Hey buster, you’re the one who needs a place to stay, so watch what you say.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น